K100 Roll to Roll
Kern's 'roll to roll' solutions enable operators to load and unload rolls of paper quickly and easily. Threading paper through the modules is done automatically.
Kern's 'roll to roll' modules are capable of unwinding and rewinding rolls up to 54" in diameter - instead of the standard 51". The additional 3 inches in roll diameter provide room for up to 10,000 more sheets per roll.
This means that rolls do not have to be changed as frequently during printing and finishing processes - a fact which translates into increased productivity and reduced costs.
Kern 100 - High speed Roll Unwinder
The Kern 100 Roll Unwinder is perfectly suited to work in combination with high speed printers, cutters, folders and inserting systems. The Kern 100 Roll Unwinder not only offers high speed capability, it is high quality, user friendly and easy to service unit as well.
- Versatile unit to work with high performance inserters, high speed printers or a vast selection of paper processing systems
- Processing speed up to 150m/min (500 fpm) within ½ second or up to 240m/min with optional buffer
- Unit will accept rolls of up to 137cm (54‘’)
- Easy paper loading through automatic roller system
- Roll load and unload to floor level enhances handling capability
- Constant roll diameter monitoring with end of roll indication
- Operator adjustable red spot device can be set to stop unit at predefined roll diameter
- Easy to read touch screen with 50 job settings storage plus production feed-back and service diagnosis, providing access to production statistics and with integrated operating guide
- Unit will automatically select the right unwinding direction (top or bottom)
- Integrated de-curling function in coordination with Kern finishing devices
- Open software architecture enhances communication capability with other systems
- Easy installation and overall mobility thanks to integrated casters
- Reduces maintenance costs
- Unit can be customized to adapt to all configurations by having control panel on left or right side
To find out how your business can benefit from this innovation from the Kern range, call us now or speak with one of our product experts.